If you’re looking for a quick, easy Paleo recipe for a breakfast, lunch, or dinner salad, then this is it.
It was late Sunday morning and I wanted something good for me.
So…here it is.
CONFESSION: I used lettuce-in-a-bag for this one.
It doesn’t get any easier than that.
All by itself, lettuce-in-a-bag (or plastic container) is pretty darned boring.
So…add some chopped veggies, a hard-boiled egg, and few other flavors and you’re all set.
Oh, and don’t forget the oil + vinegar dressing.
Because an undressed salad is a sad, sad thing.
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 hard-boiled egg, roughly chopped
- 1/2 large Roma tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil + vinegar salad dressing
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 large pinch of coarse black pepper
- Add lettuce, eggs, vegetables, and sunflower kernels to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the salt, pepper, and salad dressing. Toss until all ingredients have the beautiful sheen of the oil + vinegar dressing.
- Plate up and enjoy!
This recipe makes enough for two nice-sized salads.
You could share it with someone, or…pack up half and have it later.
It makes a great addition to your lunch bag.
Make it great.
Make it paleo.