This is what I call “Deliciousness on a Dinner Plate”.
This organic greens + broccoli slaw salad is my current favorite.
With radishes as my official veggie-of-the month , I’ve added lots of other flavors to balance things out.
Clementines are in the stores this time of the year and they make a PERFECT salad ingredient. If you haven’t thought of them as a salad ingredient, I invite you to try them.
They also make great on-the-go snacks and pack easily in your lunch bag.
Here are the crunchy, fresh details.
- 1 cup organic greens (I used the Spring Mix from Aldi)
- 1/2 cup broccoli slaw (found mine at Walmart)
- 1 Roma tomato, roughly chopped
- 1/4 a green pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 clementines, peeled and sectioned
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- about 4 tablespoons of my oil + vinegar dressing
- a big pinch of coarsely ground black pepper
- Toss all ingredients in a large mixing bowl to be sure the salad dressing is completely mixed in with the veggies.
- Plate up and savor the flavors.
You gotta love this one.
YOUR TURN: What’s your favorite salad? Leave a comment below. Bon appetit!