I whipped this super-easy Cilantro Salad up tonight after getting home from seeing my dad.
Sometimes you just need something super-easy to make. Salads are a perfect choice for me.
Take note: there is no lettuce in this salad. Go figure.
But…there are some really big flavors that shine through.
Let’s make it!
Here’s the skinny:
- One Roma tomato, roughly chopped
- Four radishes, sliced very thinly
- One hard-boiled egg, roughly chopped
- One-half a ripe avocado, roughly chopped
- Four sprigs of cilantro leaves, chopped*
- One-eighth cup of oil + vinegar salad dressing
- A pinch of salt + pepper
- Add all the vegetables (and the egg) to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour salad dressing onto veggies.
- Toss well
- Plate up and add the salt + pepper
*Four sprigs of cilantro is a LOT for a guy who really doesn’t love the flavor of cilantro. Take heed. : )
The cilantro and radishes really make for some BIG flavor.
If you’re looking for a bold-tasting salad, this just might be your ticket.