Looking for a quick and easy Paleo recipe?
It doesn’t get much easier than this!
Just TWO ingredients — a beef roast and a jar of peperoncini.
Here’s how to make Paleo Pepper Beef
- A 3.0 lb beef roast
- 16 fl. oz. (473 ml) jar of peperoncini (liquid included)
- Place the roast in the bottom of the slow-cooker.
- Pour the peppers and liquid over the roast making sure all the peppers are at the bottom of the cooker.
- Cook on low setting for eight (8) hours.
- Check to be sure the roast is done (use a meat thermometer to be sure it’s at least 155° F.)
- Pour the liquid off from the slow cooker, leaving the roast and peppers.
- Reserve one cup of liquid.
- Remove the string netting from the roast.
- Using two table forks shred the beef and peppers (you might want to remove the tops/stems from the peppers first). Add some of the liquid to the meat and peppers to get the consistency you like.
- The non-Paleo people in your house can make a sandwich out of this.
- Cavemen and Cavewomen should enjoy it just “as is”.
- This is perfect for taking in your lunch and reheating in a microwave.