Okay, so it wasn’t really a party. But, sometimes when you find a new recipe and you really enjoy it, that is something to celebrate!
That was the case today.
My good friends at Child’s Play Communications offered me the opportunity to try out the some Ultimate Party Meatballs. The recipe calls for the Johnsonville Classic Italian Style meatballs . (They also come in Homestyle and Three Cheese flavors.) They contain no MSG, artificial flavors or colors.
Click here for a full-size infographic.
We appreciate that, since MSG gives my wife and I a nasty headache!
The meatballs are also larger that other store-bought meatballs we’ve tried. MUCH larger! You can find them in your grocery store’s freezer section for $7.00 for a 24-ounce bag. Each bag contains 28 dinner-size meatballs.
Okay, let’s get down to business. I’ll show you how super-easy these are to make.
- One bag of Johnsonville Classic Italian Style meatballs
- One 12-ounce jar of Heinz Chili Sauce
- One 14-ounce can of Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- In a large sauce pan (I used a 3-quart pan) add the chili sauce and cranberry sauce.
- Cook on medium-low and stir to make the sauce nice and smooth. This takes a few minutes, so be patient. I started using a spoon, but quickly switched over to a wire whisk to make sure the sauces were completely mixed and smooth.
- Add the entire bag of meatballs to the sauce.
- Stir to cover the meatballs in the tangy sauce and put a cover on your pan.
- Continue to cook on medium-low to medium heat stirring frequently. Since the meatballs are pre-cooked, all you need to do is be sure they are heated through and you’re done.
- It should take about fifteen (15) minutes to get the meatballs nice and hot.
- Plate up your meatballs on a platter and insert a toothpick in each one — if you’re going to be serving them as finger-food.
These are EXCELLENT! I’ve had other party meatballs at carry-ins and Holiday parties. But these are SO MUCH better.
I give these TWO THUMBS UP!
The chili sauce combined with the cranberry sauce is a perfect combination. WAY better than the standard barbecue sauce + grape jelly that I’m used to. (Yuck!)
With Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the corner… I know, I know — don’t rush it! But seriously, next time your pushing your cart through the grocery store, be sure to pick up these three simple ingredients. You don’t even need a recipe. Just cook the sauce, add the meatballs and voila!
You have the Ultimate Party Meatballs.
They are perfect as finger-food at parties and get-togethers.
And hey: They would also be great over some steamed rice or egg noodles or pasta!
You gotta try these. And…when you do, come back and let me know how you liked them!