Breakfast meals need to be quick and easy — especially during the work week. All of the breakfast food choices that you see on the blog (and on my Instagram account) are a cinch to make.
Here’s a top-of-the-morning option for you to try. It’s a perfect Paleo meal: full of protein and super-low in carbs. Of course, this isn’t just a breakfast choice. You can put this together any time of the day. It only has a few ingredients and takes just a few minutes to prepare.
HINT: Speed up the process even more by having the eggs boiled and the cucumber and onion prepped the night before.
Mornings can be hectic, so do everything you can to allow time to make yourself a SMART breakfast.
This is a super-easy and delicious Paleo recipe!
Tuna Salad – Paleo Recipe
- Wedge of iceberg lettuce* (use your favorite salad greens)
- 4 slices of cucumber (quartered)
- 5 oz. (4g) can of wild-caught tuna (drained)
- 1 hard-boiled egg (peeled and quartered)
- 4 cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 2 tablespoons roughly-diced onion
- Oil + vinegar salad dressing
- Freshly-ground black pepper
*I know: Iceberg lettuce has pretty much no nutritional value. But, it was all we had in the house.
- Place lettuce in bowl
- Spread tuna evenly over lettuce
- Add egg, tomatoes, and onion to the bowl
- Top with salad dressing and a big pinch of black pepper