Another Super-Easy Paleo Recipe for You!
Granted, weekends allow a bit more time for cooking. But seriously, cooking breakfast shouldn’t take very long no matter what day it is.
Case in point: this morning’s scrambled eggs with onions and jalapeno pepper. And a nice salad on the side.
If you have ten minutes, you can do this. Hands down.
You only need a few tools and a few ingredients:
- Saute pan
- Mixing bowl (I use my four-cup glass measuring cup)
- Dinner fork
- Silicone spatula
- Three eggs
- One tablespoon butter
- Two tablespoons water
- One big pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 of an onion – roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper – seeded and chopped
Today, I had my eggs with a basic salad of pre-mixed greens (which also included radishes and carrots), half a Roma tomato and half an avocado.
Okay, here’s the deal:
- Place saute pan on the stove and crank the heat to medium high.
- Allow the pan to get hot and add the butter.
- Add the chopped onion and jalapeno pepper. Give them a stir.
- Meanwhile, break the eggs into the mixing bowl.
- Add the black pepper.
- Beat eggs, water, and pepper together.
- Pour egg mixture over onions and peppers.
- Don’t do anything for a minute or two. Once you see the edge of the egg mixture start to solidify, then give everything a few turns.
- Turn the heat down to medium.
- Cook until the eggs are done to your likeness.
- While your eggs are cooking, you can mix up the salad.
- In fact, once the eggs are 99.9% done, remove them from the heat. Just slide them over to another burner on the stove. They will continue to cook all by themselves.
- Now, mix up your salad. Add whatever veggies you like.
- Add the oil + vinegar dressing. Toss well.
- Grab a big dinner plate.
- Slide the eggs onto the dinner plate.
- Add the salad to your plate. Right next to the eggs.
Breakfast in about ten minutes:
Your Turn: What are you having for breakfast? Share your favorite breakfast foods in the comments section below!