It’s time to mix it up a bit.
A breakfast salad? Sure! Why not? I have them all the time.
Here’s a quick and easy way to start your day.
It’s an affiliate link, which simply means I make a small commission if you make a purchase. No big deal.
To make the eggs:
- Use about 1/4 teaspoon of butter for each cavity. Take your finger and simply smear the butter in the bottom on each cavity of the poaching tool.
- Crack an egg into each cavity.
- Add 1 teaspoon water to the cavity (on top of the egg)
- Add a pinch of butcher block pepper (my favorite) on top of each broken egg.
- Close the lid and CAREFULLY place tool in the microwave.
- Cook on high for about 45 seconds. Carefully open the lid and check to see if the eggs are done. If not, return to the microwave for another 10-15 seconds. You’ll be amazed and how quickly they cook. Go easy!
- When they are done (yolks will be soft-solid) slide them out of the cavity with a fork or spoon.
That’s it! With cooking time of about a minute, and prep time less than a minute, you can make poached eggs in a flash!
Add the eggs to your favorite salad. Shown in the photo above: salad greens, farmers’ market tomato, black olives and some Italian dressing. Usually, I use my homemade dressing. This morning I cheated and used store-bought dressing. A few more carbs, yes, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
Your turn: What’s your favorite breakfast food? Do you think you could handle a Poached Egg Salad for breakfast? You’ll never know unless you try. Do it. And let me know how you like it. Share you thoughts in the comments section below.