I’ve recently become a big fan of Instagram and have met a lot of great people there.
I posted this picture this morning and promised everyone I’d post the recipe on the blog. So…making good on that promise: here you go!
- 4-cup glass measuring cup (or microwave-safe bowl)
- Measuring spoons (or a good eye!)
- Wax paper
- Table fork
- Olive oil cooking spray (I like the one from Trader Joe’s)
- Dinner plate
- 2-3 eggs (2 is good for one serving; 3 is plenty for 2 servings)
- 1 teaspoon water (if making 2 eggs) [2 teaspoons if making 3 eggs]
- ½ a green or red pepper (or one sweet pepper) diced
- 1 handful of fresh mushrooms (about ¼ cup)
- Onion (you choose the amount; I use about 1-2 tablespoons) chopped
- 1-2 slices low-sodium deli ham (torn into bite-sized pieces)
- Big pinch of coarsely-ground black pepper
- Big pinch of parsley
- Dash of Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute (optional)
- Teaspoon of butter (optional, but oh so good!)
- Gather up all your ingredients.
- Spray the inside of the measuring cup with the cooking spray.
- Break the eggs and add them to the measuring cup or bowl.
- Add the water (one or two teaspoons)
- Add the black pepper, parsley, and 21 Seasoning Salute (optional)
- Using the fork, whisk the eggs and seasonings all together
- Add the diced peppers, mushrooms, onion, deli-ham (or bacon)
- Use the fork and gently push the ingredients into the eggs
- Add the butter (optional – but really good!)
- Place a small square of wax paper on top of the cup (or bowl)
- Microwave on high for 3-1/2 minutes.
- Check eggs to make sure they are cooked all the way through; if not, continue to microwave in 30 second intervals to be sure they are fully-cooked.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK or you’ll end up with a rubbery egg creation (not good).
- Remove cup or bowl from microwave
- Carefully remove the wax paper (steam burns are no fun!)
- Gently glide the fork between the egg creation and the edge of the cup or bowl and slide it out onto a dinner plate. Be careful: It will be very hot!
- Add some tomato slices or avocado or radishes or cucumbers or cantaloupe or (use your imagination) to the plate.
- Sprinkle some coarsely-ground black pepper and a dash of sea salt (optional) over everything on the plate
Optional ingredients for the Egg Creation:
- Replace the ham with 1-2 pieces of PRE-COOKED bacon (torn into bite-sized pieces)
- Leave out the meat and go all veggie
- Diced zucchini or yellow squash
- Diced tomato
- Chopped basil leaves
- Chopped baby spinach leaves
Next time you’re looking for something quick and easy to make for breakfast, why not try a Microwave Egg Creation? Let me know what you think!