I found this recipe the other day and wanted to give it a try. It is REALLY good. I get tired of salads and hard-boiled eggs, so this was a tasty new alternative.
The recipe is super-easy, but do yourself a favor: use low-sodium chicken broth. I used the regular version and it’s way too salty. Too much salt = water retention. (Yes, men retain water too!). Since there’s a tablespoon of soy sauce in the soup, I really think the low-sodium broth is a better way to go.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
P.S. The only change I made was this: I used three chicken breasts instead of the two that the recipe calls for.
Crafty Dad Cooks :: Low-Carb Chicken and Veggie Soup Recipe
By March 10, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Even without noodles, this is a very tasty soup!
- 4 cups chicken broth regular or low-sodium
- 1 tbsp soy sauce regular or low-sodium
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets chopped
- 2 tbsp green onions finely chopped
- 2 each chicken breasts pre-cooked skinless/boneless
- Simmer first five ingredients in large pot for 8-10 minutes.
Add cubed chicken and simmer an additional 8-10 minutes.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress