It might look a bit funky, but let me assure you: it is a great (easy + fast) breakfast.
You can prepare this several different ways:
- Just eggs (2 or 3)
- Eggs and vegetables (like I did this morning: eggs + chopped green pepper)
- Eggs and (pre-cooked) bacon or (pre-cooked ham)
I use a four-cup, glass measuring cup to make my microwave eggs.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 or 3 large eggs, broken
- a splash of half-and-half (or milk)
- a pinch of black pepper
- a pinch or seasoned salt or (better yet) Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute
- 1/4 cup pre-cooked chopped ham or pre-cooked bacon
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 1/2 a green pepper, chopped
- a teaspoon of butter or margarine
- waxed paper
- Break the eggs into the measuring cup
- Add the half-and-half, pepper and seasoned salt.
- Whip the eggs with a fork
- Add the ham or bacon, onion and green pepper
- Stir the mixture so all the ingredients are well-mixed
- Add a teaspoon of butter or margarine to the mixture (no need to mix)
- Cover the measuring cup with waxed paper
- Cook in the microwave (on high) for about 3-1/2 minutes (or until eggs are done)
Check to be sure the eggs are done. If not, microwave for 45 seconds more and check them again.
Note: ham contains a large amount of water and may increase the cooking time by 1-3 minutes. Just keep checking to make sure the eggs are done.
I’ve also added fresh spinach to my eggs for an extra dose of vitamins and minerals.
Try this recipe and let me know how you like it. It’s super easy and really, really good!