While I’m not a vegetarian, I think I could become one. But it might take me some time to sort out all the pros and cons (I’d love to hear from you if you’re a vegetarian or vegan).
In the meantime, here’s a recipe that I’m going to try. Thought I’d share it with you:
Prep Time: approx. 5 Minutes
Cook Time: approx. 10 Minutes
” This recipe works best when baked in a convection oven,
it allows the herbs to fully flavor the dish. “
1 1/2 pounds new potatoes, quartered
1/2 cup baby carrots
1 small onion, cut into wedges
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 small eggplant, quartered and cut into 1/2-inch st
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Combine potatoes, carrots, and onion in an ungreased 13×9 inch baking pan.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper to taste in a small mixing bowl. Drizzle the mixture over the vegetables.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and add eggplant and bell pepper. Toss to combine the eggplant and bell pepper with the other vegetables. Return the pan to the oven.
- Bake for 13 to 15 more minutes or until the vegetables are tender and brown on the edges. Serve hot.
Nutrition at a glance
Servings Per Recipe: 7
amount per serving
Total Fat 8g